Friday, November 27, 2009

How can I get to the Opera in Houston, without breaking the bank?

I'm a student who lives in College Station, but I'm very willing to drive into Houston. I've recently developed a love of Opera, but tickets are so expensive! Does anyone have an idea how I could watch the Houston Grand Opera... or any decent opera really without paying $60?



How can I get to the Opera in Houston, without breaking the bank?download windows media player



I don't know how much tickets are in Houston, but why not come to Dallas. You can get 3rd balcony for less than $60. Go do www.dallasopera.org.



How can I get to the Opera in Houston, without breaking the bank?internet explorer update internet explorer



I'm a student too, so I know how it is! If you call the Houston Grand Opera you can check and see if they have a student discount, they probably do. But $60 really isn't that much for a ticket to see an opera.



Best of luck!
They have what is called student/sr rush!!!! You would need to be able to just get up and go to do this in a way but... you call either the day before or the day of the opera and ask if they will be doing the rush tickets... if they say yes then you get there an hour and a half before the opera starts... you can buy tickets (1 per ID) for $15 or $35 per ticket...



That was the price last season and I pretty sure it's not going up!



Also call them b/c they offer specials (sometimes) when it gets closer to the opera starting!



Check out the website because you can get season tix for REALLY cheap this year... $60 for ALL 7 operas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security