Friday, November 27, 2009

Which do you like better the Opera or Theater? Tell me why???

I have never seen an Opera and this Fall with my friend we will see an Opera at Lincoln Center through my University Fordham :)))I always liked the Theater saw many musicals and plays on Broadway but I have been told the Opera is different???



Which do you like better the Opera or Theater? Tell me why???microsoft xp



Hi Rena,



I love to visit the theatre. I love classical music and some opera but I'm not sure I could sit through a full operatic performance. It's not so easy to understand. My mum used to love watching operas on the TV and she'd try to encourage the kids to take an interest. At least this had subtitles to say what they were singing about. I would go to the theatre ... and have done so ... to listen to an ochestra but the opera doesn't appeal so much.



Pollyanns



Which do you like better the Opera or Theater? Tell me why???download windows xp internet explorer



Well...I would have to choose theater because I have never had a chance to go see and Opera. I have gone to a lot of musicals that I enjoy.
Theatre, even musicals! I love listening to live classical music, I love theatre, but to make the singing the central point about which a drama revolves, just don't do it for me (oh, and generally the language is not one I can comprehend, let alone the costumes :)



Peace
Theater. I'm a music lover but I never could quite get into the operatic style (too pretentious for me) or even the faux operatic style in 'light' opera or musicals.



I like a good play. I like a good concert. To me they don't mix very well because most musicals don't do a very good job of either.
Opera. It combines great music with acting, a great orchestra, usually great art in the set designs and all that drama.



Many art forms, many emotions.
I like the opera...the sleep is fantastic. -_-
Neither.
Lovely interesting question. Unfortunately, it doesn't have a one word answer.



I love both theater and opera, plus musical theater, which you



didn't mention, but which I believe is the bridge between both.



Opera is stylised and limited to a finite number of productions, but is also beautiful and inspiring.



Theater is so far ranging, that you would need a book, to do justice to it.



Live theater is in a class on it's own, and should never be subject to comparison, with any other art form.



Opera, has the ability to set your soul on fire, even when you



are only listening to recordings



Why choose?? Why not embrace both?????????????
Opera, it is beautiful. People either love it or hate it, but few are luke warm about it. I was introduced to opera %26amp; classical music by my mentor. Because I do not understand the language it leaves me free to really hear the control %26amp; nuances these masters have in their ability to sing. It moves me as no other music can, pure emotion conveyed without the words. This is significant coming from a poet who is in love with words.
I prefer theater to opera, although I enjoy both. Opera is a celebration of of music and song based around a dramatic story or premise; theater, to use Shakespeare's description, holds a mirror up to nature, and can reveal, through the make-believe of the actors and the words of the playwright, a vicarious glimpse of ourselves, our hearts and souls, and the hearts and souls of others which otherwise we might overlook.
I have never been to either of them, but I would like to see a Broadway show. I haven't been to excited about Opera, so I more than likely will never go to one.
I have been to theater several times and really like it. Only saw an opera as I was passing by and it reminded me of my friend singing in the church choir. BTW she is that good.
Hi Rena, I prefer Theatre then opera.I have been to both thou.A few theatres in London.A rewarding experience indeed.
If you are going to Fordham, then you really should go see Netrebko and Villazon at the Met!!!!!! We are Met subscribers (8 operas + a year), so I guess you could say I prefer opera. My husband is much longer time fan of the opera (50 years), but I love it too.



Addition: Last season they got a grant which allowed them to sell up to 200 orchestra tickets at a lot of performances for $20 each. These are tickets worth more than $100 each. People just lined up an hour before the performance to get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security