Friday, November 27, 2009

Phantom of the opera wedding theme?

I was considering having the Phantom of the Opera as my wedding theme. Having candles and rose pedals everywhere... I however do not wish to part with my light purple bridesmaids dresses. Is there another color that would be appropriate? Also how can I decorate it so it looks the the Phantom of the Opera and not a cheesy Mardi Gras party??



Is there websites I can look at.. and pointers?



Phantom of the opera wedding theme?uninstall internet explorer



There is a Las Vegas Phantom themed wedding.



http://www.vivalasvegasweddings.com/phan...



I think that this is going to be really hard to pull off because the one thing a phantom wedding has to have is red roses, and light purple dresses are going to be hard to blend with that. I'd watch the movie, go see the show if you're in LV or NYC, or anywhere else the show is playing, and get inspiration from that.



Here are what I think are the most important things to try to get the idea of at your wedding:



Music. Gotta have some phantom music.



Red roses and tons of red rose petals.



Fog.



TONS of candles.



http://www.thephantomoftheopera.com/poto...



Keep in mind that it's an over the top broadway show, and it's going to be hard to maintain that over the top-ness while maintaining understated elegance. The thing is, if you go all out, it could feel like a theater production, and I don't know that you would want that.



I wish you luck! I wish I could pull it off but there is no way my boy would let me do it. I'll be lucky to pick out the music without him shooting down my ideas. But of course, that and the food are the only things he'll have a say in.



Congrats and best wishes!!!



Phantom of the opera wedding theme?microsoft.com internet explorer



That sounds absolutely amazing, and I would love to see pictures of a PotO themed wedding!



Well, when I think of it, I think of black, white, and red. I know you don't want to part with the dresses, so don't!



I think the only way it'll look like Mardi Gras is if you use the beads and bright green, yellow, and purple all together.



Do you want it to be Masquerade-ish (what a fun song)? You could have your party wear Venetian masks. http://www.maskandwigworld.co.uk/main.ht... is a british site (I'm sure you can find many other websites). Wear your engagement ring on a chain around your neck like Christine does. It would be neat if you could have whoever marries you dress up like the phantom.



For the wedding cake, I once saw a picture in which the cake looked like it was draped in red (like a stage curtain) and a mask was sort of leaning against it. I can't find the picture now.



Maybe use pillar candles and roses and a phantom mask as centerpieces.



Okay, I'm out of ideas for now. :)
The candles and rose petals sound gorgeous, but do you really HAVE to have a "theme"? These "theme" weddings always make me feel like I'm at an Elks Logde event, not a wedding. You have the rest of your lives to have Broadway, Roaring Twenties, and Arabian Nights theme parties, but this is your once in a lifetime chance to have a WEDDING theme party.



Why do you think so many couples make fools of themselves by trying to have a second "traditional" wedding a few years down the road? You only have one wedding day, one chance to have a "real" wedding. Don't waste it on a glorified costume party, no matter how much you love "Phantom" and want to be a part of it. (However a little dress up and role playing can add interest to you honeymoon.)
Great idea - LOVE IT! and I agree , go more toward the Venetian Carnivale, than Mardi Gra. Music is of corse easy - ALW wrote a beautiful score - but stay toward the lighter songs, of course. Dress up the purple gowns with sashes and feathers and stuff - this was Victorian England - lots of stuff went all over them!



The hardest part will be to get your guests to go along with it - I have theme parties a lot, and it's so hard to get people to get in the spirit of things. Be prepared with some masks at the door for your guests - that way, they will fit your theme - you can then consider these part of your favors...



here's some links -



http://www.daytondailynews.com/l/content...



http://www.davenezia.it/wedding_in_venic...



http://dahlias-day.blogspot.com/2006/12/...



http://www.lasvegasandmore.com/weddings/...



http://www.phantomoftheopera.com/modules...



also look at Google Images.



Good Luck!
I have to say I love the Phantom of the Opera, but if you think about it, the play/movie is about obsession, deception, control.....something that I feel isn't a good theme for a wedding. Although there is a love story in the play, the focus is on the Phantom and his obsessive love for Christine. Something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security